prepping pigeon????

Windy

Not sure if this shouldn't be in the recipes forum.......but:

Got a nice woody, just the one though, so was going to whip the breasts off and pan fry them. Don't think its worth going the whole hog on him.

So, quick question, should I whip the meat out straight away or is is best to hang (at least til rigor has gone off) before wielding the knife?

Ta

Nice one fella.....loving the pigeon prep for dummies vids :blink:

As its late, and my woody is a bit stiff now.....want I want to know is will it be fine in the garage overnight, for me to sort in the morning? Dont want to let it spoil.....and am partial to a well hung phessy, so assume it will be ok overnight?

You can hang them for a day or so if you prefer them that way . I like them fresh straight from the field and will often breast some from the days shooting and lightly fry them in butter and fresh onions for my tea . I like to keep the skins on when cooking . There is a million pigeon recipes on this forum ,try some out .

Harnser .

cheers.

Just didnt want to waste the woody, but cant be ***** with breasting him now, and thought it might be better when the rigor has passed. Will hang him in the garage, hopefully he'll be ok til the morning.

unless anyone says different......would he be better off in the fridge overnight?