No luck

Sqwelchy

:yes: Went out all day yesterday trying to find new permissions. I had no luck what so ever :yes: ,they all said that they either dont like people shooting or that they already have groups of shooters. Is there any advice out there that you lot can kindly give me please on how to up my chances :)

:yes: Went out all day yesterday trying to find new permissions. I had no luck what so ever :yes: ,they all said that they either don't like people shooting or that they already have groups of shooters. Is there any advice out there that you lot can kindly give me please on how to up my chances :)

keep looking mate and always be nice to land owners and offer help where ever you can and you will receive your pay in shooting one day !!

kirky

Just keep trying because someone eventually will want you to shoot over their land.I got a few knockbacks before securing 2 large farms and it then makes it all worthwhile.If theres farmland which you know has public footpaths running either through or near it-make a point of mentioning this.It shows you've done your homework and roughly know the lay of the land-Google earth is good for this.

• 3 weeks later...

my tip as i did go out in the car,,or get a lift if you dont drive and drive round a few farms AND TAKE YOUR GUN,check were the birds are,,,,i was out and noticed a field swarming with woodies must have been 1000 or so,drove up to the farm house,the farmers dog went mental and i thought s--t :good: , then the farmer arrived BUILT LIKE A BRICK S--THOUSE and i said to him,ive been passing and saw the birds in his field,were eating his crop like crazy,,,HE REPLYS THERES NO BIRDS ON MY FIELD,AS I WAS DOWN THERE NOT 30 MINUTES AGO i said politley there is and i can prove it,,,HE SAID IF THERES A SINGLE BIRD ON MY FIELD,YOU CAN HAVE THE FIELD TO SHOOT ON...so i asked him if i had his permission to shoot 2 cartridges over his field,,i pulled the gun from the car loaded up and shot both barrels,,the sky went black with the birds from HIS FIELD, and he went white,,,AND ALL HE SAID WAS SORRY SON YOU HAVE THE FIELD,WE STAYED THERE TALKING 20 MINUTES,OR SO THEN HE SAID COME 2MORO AND START FROM THEN,,,224 PIGEONS THE NEXT DAY.IN 7HOURS,,NOW IVE GOT FULL RIGHTS ON THE FIELD AND WOODS AJACENT TO THE FIELD :lol::lol: .

FIND THE BIRDS THEN FIND THE FARMER,,YOU WILL GET IT :lol:

Edited by shotgun666

keep at it. for two years id been mentioning to my uncle about letting me shoot on his field and the neighbouring farmers, each time he nicely put me off. then a couple of months back he was telling me he was over run with rabbits, he had some guy coming up with ferrets but he wouldnt be up til after summer, i told him id do it there and then! :lol:

taken about 60 from my uncles and the neighbouring fields since then, did so well that the farmers given me access to all his fields, not just the ones beside my uncles, so got about 500 acres all in, inlcuding farm yards, 60 acres or so of barley, a small river vally and a fewmore fields that are swarming with rabbits :good:

Fair to say to find the birds and then find the farmer, its usually a good idea to watch the land before asking permission, like doing a bit of homework really. I got my best permission whilst the farmer was drilling maize, he was surrounded by crows, when i asked all he said was help yourself, so i promptly did. Had a few good bags of crows and when there was a noticeable difference i called at the farm to discuss permission for the other 400 acres, no probs even signed permission for me fac. :lol::lol::lol:

A nice bottle of scotch is allways a sweetner its worth leaving one in the car for the unexpected.

Keep trying its worth the wait. :good: