Shooting rights, how much?

Okay a family friend has asked me to ask you lot how much you think this would be worth for a season of shooting rights.

It is 330 acres of arable, grassland and woodland bordering a large reservoir. he has the rights over walked up game and pigeons at roost and on crops. It also provides 'excellent wildfowling' and in particular 'exceptional goose shooting with a large residential population of grey leg and Canadian geese on the reservoir.'

So people anyone got any idea what its worth? and how much would it be worth if it has deer rights as well? i think there is roe and possibly fallow.

Also sorry in advance it will also be a double post as i need as much coverage as possible as i need to know by tomorrow so i will also be posting in shooting permissions once again sorry.

George

No it as far as i understand he is alright for his friends to shoot it as well this is as it is being let through a land agent and i think the intention is for it to be taken by a small syndicate and they have sole shooting rights. But i don't think there is any game cover but i don't know as i have not seen it but from what i understand it is grassland woodland and then the normal arable crops. I will work on uploading the os map of it i have.

George

I used to work on harewood estate (until this january) and that ground was actually part of my beat, pretty much all it is good for is goose shooting, you would get a few days walked up in sugar beat etc if you fed it. we got alot of trouble with lads shooting on there who had permission from the farmer, who didnt hold the shooting rights. there is also alot of footpaths on there.

i would be very wary of this bit of ground to be honest! and personally, i wouldnt pay more than £100 a year.

Thanks very helpful :look:

George