pigeon shooting

turk101

As above just a real short clip of my son taking a woodie out with 1st shot :lol: also missing another with both barrels! :blink:

nothing special but enjoy!

Good mate ,trying to get my boy(13-years) into shooting,he seems pretty interested,but im looking for a suitable gun(not too heavy)ive bought him a nice ss .410,but think he should probalbly move onto a 20g or possibly a sb12g(any thoughts)most of our shooting is decoyed pigeons/crows so nothing too rangey for him,or maybe i should stick with the .410 with 3 inch shells,any advice would be appreciated?

out of interest how old is your son,and what sort of gun/load is he using,and does he find it suitable for a lengthy period? :rolleyes: thanks in advance BB

Good mate ,trying to get my boy(13-years) into shooting,he seems pretty interested,but im looking for a suitable gun(not too heavy)ive bought him a nice ss .410,but think he should probalbly move onto a 20g or possibly a sb12g(any thoughts)most of our shooting is decoyed pigeons/crows so nothing too rangey for him,or maybe i should stick with the .410 with 3 inch shells,any advice would be appreciated?

out of interest how old is your son,and what sort of gun/load is he using,and does he find it suitable for a lengthy period? :unsure: thanks in advance BB

BB, He is 18 now but started when he was about 12/13 years. Unfortunately he has never really taken to it keenly, he likes it but he's not fanatical like his old man! :lol:

He has always used a biakal 12b single trigger ejector. He seems to manage ok with it but if and when he put's a lot of shot's through it he does end up with a sore/bruised shoulder :hmm:

I started with a 410 myself when i was 9/10 could'nt wait to get a bigger gun which i did when i was 12, so i'm not to sure if it's a bad idea, never really done any wrong for me.

hopes this helps BB.

ps: there was a time he was an exceptional shot :lol: but now he's not always focused on the shooting (girls, girls and more girls on the mobile ;) ), he shooting has suffered he shot 34 birds for 105 shots last time :welcomeani::lol::lol:

turk101