WANTED: Hushpower/moderated shotgun

Baldrick

Does anyone have a Hushpower (preferably .410, but will consider 12 and 20b) that they could bear to part with? Anything considered...

I've just missed out a superb Webley .410 converted by Hushpower, which got nabbed by someone on Guntrader. Anyone with a moderated shotgun for sale or swap, please get in touch.

Baldrick

Baldrik I am not selling a fully moderated but thought you may like some friendly advice re choosing between a fully moderated, semi moderated, 4.10 or 12.

I have for 12 years used a fully moderated 4.10 as an excellent vermin gun and they are 40% more moderated than a semi moderated thus they are a lot quieter.

I purchased a fully moderated 12 gauge 4 years ago and believe it or not they are quieter by far than a fourten because they have baffles in.( by way of explaining )

A 4.10 barrel on a fully moderated is simply drilled with a series of small holes which ports off the hot gases which are expelled on firing, these are ported into the sleeved space and cool slightly thus suppressing the muzzle blast normally heard.

The 12 is quieter as not only does it port off the hot gases it also has a series of 8 baffles for the last 3/4 of the outer barrel and in beetween the outer sleeve. As the gas cools it hits each baffle and is disepated more effectively.

I use my fully moderated 12 all the time and I have now sold my fourten as I soley use the 12 for lamping and most other vermin control, I am not saying the 4.10 does not have it's place as they are a superb vermin gun. If you want a gun which is the quietest the 12 fully moderated is the quieter of the two.

I put subsonic 1 ounce, size 6, 3/4 loads through mine for most applications. I also shoot a lot of foxes with it with 3/4, 42 gram, size 3 lyalvale express.

If you need any more info re these fabulous guns get in touch. ( I have only joined this board today, I will reveiw regular )

Best Wishes, Phil.