Tall Fridge larder

taffygun

Quote: Is there any reason why a normal domestic Tall Larder Fridge (with all shelves taken out) wouldn't be suitable as a makeshift game larder for pheasants, deer etc

Are you thinking about having it switched on, or just using it as a cupboard?

Quote: Is there any reason why a normal domestic Tall Larder Fridge (with all shelves taken out) wouldn't be suitable as a makeshift game larder for pheasants, deer etc

Are you thinking about having it switched on, or just using it as a cupboard?

Are you thinking of turning it on?:hmm:? :rolleyes::lol::D

Nope - suspect he just wanted an insulated box in which to put warm game/venison so it can fester and go off :yes::whistling:

If you're using a normal fridge you'll prob need to wire up a small fan to circulate the air otherwise the carcases will be prone to mould. Plenty of people use them though :whistling:

Cheers fellas, i'm not 100% but I think this larder fridge had built in circulation :yes: I can only forsee one deer at a time being hung in it and it would only be overnight at most. I'm not one for allowing meat to hang for days, don't fancy that :whistling:

I don't do any pheasant shooting but if I do happen to get the 3 or 4 a year that I do I always prepare as soon as I get home :whistling:

Not beyond the wit of man but you will need to make sure you can put a strong enough hook or rail near the top to hang the carcass from, and if there's no fan you will need to keep changing the air by opening the fridge door. There is no problem with hanging the meat for several days. Just make sure it is in its jacket.

M