This is too cool

The more we teach our kids about gun safety and safe handling then we cna keep this sport alive.

For example a friend in the Uk wants to teach his niece about shotguns but her dad is like really anti-gun so he won't have anything to do with it. It just saddens me that we tell kids not to touch guns since they are "oh so dangerous" but fail to mention it that if guns are used in a responsible manner then it is no problem. :)

• 2 months later...

As an A.P.S.I qualified coach, C.P.S.A safety officer and long time clay/rough shooter, I really believe that it teaches kids to act responsibly throughout there entire lives if taught properly. It turns them into a little adult if you like.

I have had many parents over the years say that their child has grown up since taking shooting lessons and have even started to do as there parents say without question. That must be good surely. :look:

However some children are just too young to take it in and physically incapable of holding the gun. There are a few parents out there that want to teach their kids too early which can quite frankly ruin everything.

Personally I think the best age to teach a child if capable of holding the gun is around 12/15 years of age as they take it all in at that age very well.

As for the video, It`s always bothered me that the Americans think that they actually need AR15s etc at home. :look:

Edited by COACH

The whole point in a good assualt rifle is that it can be used and stripped by a child.

And they often are.

not to touch guns since they are "oh so dangerous" but fail to mention it that if guns are used in a responsible manner then it is no problem. :look:

No, guns - even when used in a responsible manner - are still bloody dangerous.

Edited by Bleeh