weihrauch air cylinder

discreet hunter

Hi, Was reading the HW100 manual recommending that the hw100 air cylinder should be empty after every 20 fills via air venting cap, the question is have any one ever empty theirs, if so how do you do it, is it necessary? :yes: where can i get a air venting can from,my local airgun shop does`nt sell them

Thanks for your response :yes:

Edited by shootfirst

Hi, i reading the manual few days ago it stated it should be empty after every 20 fills to remove any condensation from it,and when not in use air tank should be removed to release the pressure on the seals and valves, when to cla fair few weeks ago, chap on the weihrauch stand recommended that the air tank can be leave in place just few turns unscrewing it until you can hear a hissing sound,when tank is disconnected from the valve is enough, so the there is no pressure in gun,it is safer as there will be no air pressure in the rifle in case a pellet was accidentially left in the breech so it will not fire, thinking about it seems a good idea

Is this normally done my any one?

I thought that the diver's bottles air was virtually condensation free?

I was going to check the cylinder on my gun recently to see if my Hills pump had put any moisture in since I originally stripped and cleaned it, after talking to a mate of mine I decided not to bother, he's been using a pump for three years and recently stripped his gun down to check for moisture and it was bone dry in there, that's with a stirrup pump, if I was using a bottle I'm not sure I'd bother to check at all.

I have an HW100K and also read the manual and saw this. I "vented" it once using the brass thingy and will probably do it again when I next run out of gas in my big bottle. As for storing the rifle empty.. I think this is more to do with safety than anything else. I get squirrels in the garden so have to have the rifle reasonably ready to go so I keep pressure in it and it's fine. I doubt if any condensation builds up anyway.

I'll agree with Shropshire John

Yes Breathing quality air is drier than a saharan sidewinders belly.

You only really need to worry if you are charging your gun from a stirrup pump, as I'd expect these not to have the same standard of filtration and moisture trapping.

I.e most stirrup pumps have not got a 2 foot carbon tower attached to them!

Remember also that totally draining the tank is inviting moisture to back flow into the cylinder from the outside air. I assume its an alloy bottle made by luxfer, but in all cases moisture in the integral tank or mechanism is a no-no! :yes:

Regards

TuftySnuffer

Resident Hertfordshire Puddle Jumper