First thunderstorm

adp

Not wanting to have a wee wee on your bonfire but my Spaniel (and I know of a few labs) actually hate Thunderstorms and Fireworks (mine really hates them) yet can have a gun fired over them (him) all day.

I know its the opposite, and hopefully you wont have any issues :hmm: Just sharing my experiences.

Just keep doing what you're doing mate, act normal and no fuss and he'll be fine :lol:

We had a lab that gunshot didn't bother but a thunderstorm would turn her into a nervous wreck for a couple of days... unless I took her out in it and threw a few dummies... then she didn't even notice the thunder :hmm:

Just keep doing what you're doing mate, act normal and no fuss and he'll be fine :lol:

We had a lab that gunshot didn't bother but a thunderstorm would turn her into a nervous wreck for a couple of days... unless I took her out in it and threw a few dummies... then she didn't even notice the thunder :hmm:

Strange aint it.

Just keep doing what you're doing mate, act normal and no fuss and he'll be fine :hmm:

Our two think fireworks and thunder is an excuse to go out back and have a shout, they think it's great fun...........my mothers Spinger on the other hand runs 'round like Duncan Norville, all because because she's molly coddled him at every opportunity to be protective, he's such a wimp it's sad :lol: , lovely but strangely introverted is Cally :lol:

Its funny reading this thread and the experiences everyone has had. My first Lab (Jack) although did not work loved Fireworks, to the point of chasing them if he had the chance :hmm: Thunderstorms you could not get him indoors, he would just sit outside getting soaked watching and listening.

Took him shooting a couple of times but he was a hindrance more than anything. Every time I shot at a rabbit he would do his best to get in front of the gun to see where the noise was coming from. Jeesus I miss him!!!!