fussy springer wont eat

darren m

PERCE - i was very interested in the barf , but on looking at it looks like there is a lot more too it and getting the right balance could be a bit hit and miss :yes:

in relation to the frozen mince , how much do you give your dogs per feed

BARF & Raw feeding are different. I raw feed which means veggys don't play a signicant part in the diet, I do feed some veggy but not daily. My labs weigh somewhere between 50 - 60 lbs so at 2 - 3% of body weight a day that's something like 1 1/2lbs a day. As I said I used to weigh the food when I started but now I guess. I feed my growing 13 month old more than I feed my mature 4 year old. My older dog used to be a ******** machine that wouldn't put on condition eating dry food she's completely different now.

I'd guess a springer would need 3/4 to 1 lb of food a day, weigh her at the vets to check.

My 13 month old Lab bitch, Poppy.

post-9943-1252861290.jpg

mate she looks in mint condition :yes:

sounds quite easy , i have notice the pup actually as better stools and less of them when on the tripe and chicken free flow mince.

only thing i ,m worried about is will she be getting the full nutrition that adding a complete food would provide ie for muscle and bone growth etc.

how much veg do you actually feed your young lab

thanks again for the info

The veg is usually all the peelings from Sunday lunch (not potato) with usually some extra carrot, apple, a couple of eggs (shells as well) & some veggy or olive oil. All of this is pulped up in the blender. I usually give them 2 or 3 heaped table spoons of this mixed up with the mince or tripe. I'll give them this twice a week. A big bonus of raw feeding is the lack of **** compared to dry foods, what does come out is very dry & hard. When crushed it turns to powder. Read all of what's on this site http://www.krisannriorawfeeding.com/index.htm a few times, I found it very good. We've got 3 kids, they grown up fit & healthy on what we wanted to feed them on & so I'm confident enough to do the same with my dogs. Give it a go, it's not as daunting as it may seem.