polo clutch?

carlosdesilva

Just thought i'd check with the font of all knowledge (PW),Is 370 quid about right for a replacement clutch on a vw polo 2000 reg 1.4 ?

Alright Mate,

Is that fitted? I had my gearbox go on the 1.0 version of what you have got. That was £750 gearbox and cluch to be replaced. But the cluch itself was only £80 for the part. Try the forum Club polo?

Cheers

Tom

Alright Mate,

Is that fitted? I had my gearbox go on the 1.0 version of what you have got. That was £750 gearbox and cluch to be replaced. But the cluch itself was only £80 for the part. Try the forum Club polo?

Cheers

Tom

Shame your not in my neck of the woods would have done it for 200 fitted,about an average price for a garage your not being ripped of they do have overheads! all the best

Be careful going for the cheapest quote, we have had two customers cancel bookings for a clutch job and then come back within weeks with problems.

A fiat's starter actually fell off damaging the ring gear during the time it was loose, and a honda accord's coolant temp sensor wiring was crushed between the gearbox and engine making it run like a bag of poo. We sent the honda lady back to mr clutch as the crushed wire had left a 1mm gap between the bell housing and block. She had saved about £50 from the quote we gave.

Another issue is the use of nasty cheap parts in some garages to get a quote down, they will not last very long where a valeo clutch will be original equipment quality for £70-100ish retail.

You pays your money and takes your choice

Thanks guys will see if theres a Mr Clutch near me,garage said 100 quid for clutch then 15 for oil and 200 labour plus the VAT.

There is one in Luton and probably worth travelling to it, they do our van clutches and its usually in and out in 3 hours max, price is good and as they do loads of them its no hastle. They do an online quote and it actually tends to be the price quoted as well no extras etc

as a guide looks like they work out at about £225 all up

Edited by al4x

There is one in Luton and probably worth travelling to it, they do our van clutches and its usually in and out in 3 hours max, price is good and as they do loads of them its no hastle. They do an online quote and it actually tends to be the price quoted as well no extras etc

as a guide looks like they work out at about £225 all up

Cheers will go down that route i think!

• 2 weeks later...