Proof/Choke size marks on 1985 Silver Pigeon

Flynn

A colleague at work has an S687 from 1985. He found this year out from the letters AN stamped on the barrel.

It's also fixed choke, and the only other marks he can find on the barrels are a single asterisk on one of them and 2 asterisks on the other. We assume these indicate the choke of each barrel, but as we're at work pretty much every site to do with "Guns and Weapons" is blocked by the proxy, so I can't look for anything. This site is fine however, or I wouldn't be posting this. I did a few searches and found a some older threads stating that on Italian guns, the "stars" indicated "full proof" but also mentioned that the marks would be inside circles and these aren't.

So, now I'm not sure if these asterisk marks on the barrels indicate choke or proof.

Can anyone offer any info? I'm aware this has been done to death, so it anyone wants to point me to an definitive thread or a site I can view at home, please feel free.

Thanks for your attention