RFD to RFD

LARRO

Hello. Have any FAC holders bought a rifle from an RFD lately and been told that the RFD that has sent the gun has to fill in your certificate even if the seller (RFD) is the other side of the country. My local RFD told me this today when I asked about charges for RFD to RFD. So that would mean that I have to post my certificate to the sending RFD. Surely this can not be right as only one RFD is doing the paper work which we would be charged for. He did mention that this is on new licenses and not all RFDs know about it. Any input would be great because I am confused now. Darran.

When I have had a firearm of an RFD, which has been sent by another RFD, it's the RFD who I have the firearm off, that fills in my certificate. The sending RFD has had that firearm on his licence, so by transferring it to my RFD, it removes the firearm off his licence. The same goes when my RFD transfers the firearm onto my certificate.

Hello. Have any FAC holders bought a rifle from an RFD lately and been told that the RFD that has sent the gun has to fill in your certificate even if the seller (RFD) is the other side of the country. My local RFD told me this today when I asked about charges for RFD to RFD. So that would mean that I have to post my certificate to the sending RFD. Surely this can not be right as only one RFD is doing the paper work which we would be charged for. He did mention that this is on new licenses and not all RFDs know about it. Any input would be great because I am confused now. Darran.

He is sort of correct but most do a simple trade transfer RFD to RFD and then your local RFD fills in your FAC.

Norfolk police seemed to have started this issue off with Holts a few years ago, they are the only ones I've dealt with that have been made to do it that way though.