Angling Society

Muddy Funker

Morning guys,

I'm looking at getting back into some carp fishing, at the moment I probably go once every couple of years.

Can anyone recommend an angling society in the Horsham or surrounding area? I've done a google search which has turned up quite a few around the same price £60-100 per year but it's tricky to choose based on a website.

I'm not interested in rivers so those can be discounted. So just lakes preferably with the chance of catching a 20 or 30 and if possible without hoards of other people fishing there.

I'm not bothered by hard or easy waters just happy to get out there.

I know I've got furnace lakes on my doorstep but having been a few times I'm not really into it.

So, which one to go for?

Cheers.

Cheers Richie

Funnily enough I've looked at Godalming as I used to fish Broadwater lake when I was a kid. We're talking 25 years ago now, I'm 39. Back then there was a waiting list for adults quite a few years long but kids could fish it straight away so my dad used to take me but he couldn't fish haha.

No waiting list now and the lakes do look good but they don't offer a half year membership which others do. I'll check out the Farnham one but if most of the waters are in Farnham it's a bit of a ballache to get to from Horsham.

This one is winning for me so far, they offer a half year member ship from Oct 1st plus they have some nice lakes one of which has carp up to 40lbs. I'm not big fish obsessed but the opportunity would be nice. http://www.billingshurstas.co.uk/

Thanks for the reply.

Edit: I've looked at Farnham and to be fair it looks absolutely outstanding for the money. The fact they've got control of the Yateley complex would be worth the money alone. Very tempting.

Edited by Muddy Funker

• 2 weeks later...