Happy tinkerer!

Lord Geordie

well I bought a Career II 707 carbine of a chap on here a few year back now! I bought it without seeing it (muppet) and it was a bit of a dog! I ran a thread on the reblue as the gun was covered in rust! Colin at MAG did a cracking job and I ended up with a lovely finish! I got it back home and began the rebuild! I had the stock refinished and re assembled the gun! I put a few rounds through and thought! There is something wrong here! The muzzle blast released visible vapour and the crack was unreal!

I stripped the gun back down and there it sat for the best part of a year or more!

I bought a chrono last week so reassembled the gun and put a few shots through! 25.55FPE eek

It didn't matter where I put the power wheel it was 25.5FPE so fully opening the valve basically! Stripped it back down and checked the valve adjuster and found the bump stop was missing???

Hmm. It isn't a part that could just fall out :no:

I looked all over the net for a new rubber stop but to no avail. Then I had a search through the parts drawers and found a tap washer seemed to fit the bill nicely! Needed compressed to fit which was good! Reamed out the centre to pass over the valve stem and not interfere. Fitted the washer And put the gun back together!

Lowest setting just hammer thwack! Hmm! So took mag out just incase! And tried again! Just hammer thwack! So put it to the second setting and a little over 3FPE popped mag back in and tried again. Again a little over 3FPE so on to the third click, 9.9FPE fourth click over 14FPE and so on until highest was just over 21FPE!

So I backed it down to the third click and hitting 9.9 and wound in the grub screw to lock the adjuster and am finning the hole too so it can not be adjusted again!

Zero'd the gun at 20 yards and got some nice clover leaf groups once zero'd

I know 9.9 is hardly great for long range bunny work but I wanted this solely for Ferrals in outbuildings so 9.9 is better anyway!

This is the second Career I have had to sort power wise as my first had been tampered with and had a drilled out transfer port and the bump stop cut down to the adjuster face and was pushing out 38FPE

That was the tanker model and a nice bit of kit too! Got that down using a brass washer I turned in the lathe to limit the adjuster travel! And fit a correct transfer port!

I am a very happy tinkerer now :D