BASC Introduction to Pigeon Shooting Course, Lincolnshire/Yorkshire

Guest rimotu66

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ghosthunter

law, general licence, decoys and patterns, quarry id and habitat,cartridges, guns, patterning of gun, hide building, decoy layout, shooting from seated in a hide with coaching. gun fit and eye dominance check and questions and answers. think that's all but a full day usually, we teach you and you teach us! we all learn. its a good day. all you need is licence gun and a box of cartridges.

thanks for the interest

Flycoy

Guest rimotu66

Come on pigeon watch! Get your names down!

I have to admit that I thought there would be much more interest in this considering the amount of people on here from Lincs/Yorks areas.

unfortunately similar interest as last time around 8 people, cant seem to get more interested considering the amount of views on the post. rimotu thanks for the work though . see if anything changes, but may have to rethink and try again another time.

as we have said before, the days are not money making we just need to cover the admin, room hire, clays, travel and accommodation expenses if needed. will be back to shows, courses and training in the spring so we get a bit busy again. maybe PW is giving all the info novices need

ATB

Flycoy

Great to see this coming together

I have been on the course with Bakerboy and thoroughly enjoyed it - overestimate all the bases and lots of useful tips along the way. We had a mix of those who had never undertaken vermin control too those with some experience. Everyone was catered for and you make longer term connections for advise and support when in the field. Enjoy.

Maybe if you could settle on a venue some posters would draw in the local users of the clay ground, basically four or more people, just a thought, I could ask Anthony at humberside to make one just asking if there would be interest if it were to go ahead.

Regards

Phil

Just had bloke get in touch, he's not a member of PW but has said he is definatly interested in coming to the day if we can make it happen, if it's ok to put him down he's called Robbo

Maybe if you could settle on a venue some posters would draw in the local users of the clay ground, basically four or more people, just a thought, I could ask Anthony at humberside to make one just asking if there would be interest if it were to go ahead.

Regards

Phil

Wilksy

if Humberside is ok and local to you all that have showed the interest, with the agreement of rimotu66, lets see if we can book there. The club will need to have a room to use with somewhere to project the powerpoint onto.

a safe grass area for the hide building and decoying, and a couple of auto traps to use. an idea of the cost to hire those things would be good. good tea and coffee and a bacon sandwich would be even better.!! some where for Bakerboy to do his hair and makeup a bonus!

seriously we are really keen to get this day sorted, once we have a date and venue sorted we can get Basc to advertise it on the fastrack site and we will surely get some more interest.

lets get something moving now guys ...............now we are 9!

Flycoy

Guest rimotu66

There is no need to have my agreement, its you guys who are offering to do this for us :good:

I mentioned Humberside ground because it looked to be in a decent catchment area for Lincs and the lesser county Yorks :lol:

Wilksy, as you know the chap there can you have a word with them and see if and what they can offer us? I know there is plenty of grass land there for hide and decoy instruction, on a negative, the coffee is not great and I do not think they do bacon buns, if needed I can bring my caravan and the g'friend can cater for us all ( I have not passed that by her yet) :lol:

Good stuff gents! I'm more than happy to use a diferent venue,humberside is the best option north of the Humber but I don't know what's available south, I'm seeing the ground manager tomorrow so I'll run the requirements by him, they have nice sausage rolls! I spoke to him briefly today he's keen to do it!

I mentioned Humberside ground because it looked to be in a decent catchment area for Lincs and the lesser county Yorks :

I can bring my caravan and the g'friend can cater for us all ( I have not passed that by her yet) :lol:

Hahaha!

Guest rimotu66

Good stuff gents! I'm more than happy to use a diferent venue,humberside is the best option north of the Humber but I don't know what's available south, I'm seeing the ground manager tomorrow so I'll run the requirements by him, they have nice sausage rolls! I spoke to him briefly today he's keen to do it!

Really, ive never seen them, only ever had a mars bar and a grunt from the gunsmith who served me :lol:

you guys sort the venue as you know your area well, as long as we have the requirements will be happy, can always bring a flask!

date wise, try to miss the game fair dates. I expect you are all busy with game season, wildfowling etc. so maybe February now.

leave it with you

ATB

Flycoy