Gundog trials - scotland

Jpcurling

Hey guys,

Hope someone on here might be able to help- I stay in Edinburgh.

My pup is only 5 months old. Iv never done trials before but interested as love working her.

Anyone got any tips, advice, contacts? Would be great.

Thanks in advance.

John

When you say trials is it to compeate or to learn about How to? If its to run your pup in one at 5 mnth old it must be some dog id be quite happy if it was sitting on command and doing small retreaves and recall at that age. If to learn about it im sure theres local clubs near you that would help you out.

Get yourself to a few tests over the summer, you can turn up for a look and if you volunteer to help and chuck dummies and the like you'll see how the dogs are expected to work and maybe make some friends to join at trials and carry game.

PM me if you want dates and locations for a few tests, I'm a spaniel person myself but some of the lab boys are ok, lol.

Lothain and borders are fairly active on the FT scene not sure wot they do training wise.

Don't think they've got a website either.

Got a mate that's involved with Caledonian retriever club and involved with the training side, a real top bloke and sounds a decent club from the way he speaks

Galloway gundogs run a few ftests throu summer months, not KC reg so just fun, a good bunch of people and usually fairly helpful if u ask any advice, bit of a drive for u thou but be a good sunday out if weather nice