Law advice

soreshoulder

I hold a SGC and currently my granfather owns 'my' shotguns in a safe at his house about 100 yards away. Its getting a bit annoying having to go into his house and get him to put it in the cabinet and especially when hes on holiday unless i take my gun out before he goes and keep it with me for a week or so, (dont like doing that) i dont get to use it. Now if i get a shotgun cabinet in my own house, would i be able to have the shotguns gifted onto my certificate?

also i can remember the BASC saying something along the lines of my parents having legal control over me and therfore could demand the guns? i am confused

HELP pw :lol:

turns out it wasnt quite as simple as you thought ollie, because i am under 17 i am still a minor in the laws eyes. Therfore my parents (who have "control" over me) could say open that cabinet i want that shotgun. Consequently i am going to do a joint affair with my 19 yr old brother,

sorted. Hopefully :good:

turns out it wasnt quite as simple as you thought ollie, because i am under 17 i am still a minor in the laws eyes. Therfore my parents (who have "control" over me) could say open that cabinet i want that shotgun. Consequently i am going to do a joint affair with my 19 yr old brother,

sorted. Hopefully :good:

No they couldn't.

By doing that they would be in posession of a firearm that they are not allowed to hold and therefore be breaking the law.

Well they have been giving **** advice then.

How can your parents who dont have a SGC take your guns? Its against the law

Agreed. If thats accurate, then any non-SGC-holding spouse could do the same - they can't because its illegal. If someone does not hold a SGC they cannot legally be in possession of a shotgun, nor can they even know where the keys to the safe holding the shotguns are!!!

Why don't you phone your FAO and discuss the police perspective on this issue? Or better still, get your parents, or at least one of them, to get a SGC so he/she can then buy a decent safe and you can keep your guns in it and the parent with the SGC can then have legal access to your guns if you have opted to share the safe!! Then you get to share their guns as well!!!