Ruger 10/22

deadeye ive

No doubt someone will advise me it not the done thing but i use a food grade lubrication spray on the slide and spring of this gun ,it leaves a dry non stick coating in the required areas and wow as it improved performance .

I am curious as to what other shooters use on their semi auto's :) :thumbs:

having run 10-22's for a time now, i did have trouble with one receiver , the teflon coating inside the action picked up some debris/dust causing abrasion to the coating alowing the aluminum to gaul up and foul the movement of the slide/block.

after removal the damage was very evident ,i had the receiver stripped and recoated (perks of an engineering company) i now run a light semi synthetic lube on the block and inspect for debris often ,to feild strip a 10-22 takes a sneeze and a bless you ,the joys of runnign a couple of the most common semi's :thumbs:

Martin

Martin ,the stuff i use is'nt teflon based ,as it is used on m/cs handling food absolutly NOTHING sticks to it and as you are in the trade you might be able to get your hands on some as it is not supplied by any shop outlet ,industry only.

Its by ROCOL, IFL ,NON STAIN ANTI STICK SPRAY,

Posted you a Question on General Banter but i suppose your probably fed up answering the same questions :thumbs:

Ive

Deadeye,

Once the bolt and action is cleaned, it should not require any lubrication.

The mechanism of the ruger 10/22 will bed in of it's own accord during usage!

If you are able to buy it, and you are interested there is a great book on the market called 'The Ultimate Ruger 10/22' by Mark White. This is full of great mod's and tips.

It has helped me to fine tune my Ruger into a perfect bunny bashing tool. Accurate and reliable!

Rob.

copy that deadeye ive , the lube i use is a mollycoat drylube ,all my shotguns are treated this way ,take a look at the thread,you will see the process they go through

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...?showtopic=8964

the ruger in question had problems so was dealt with another way .

Martin

Thanks ROb ,i'm deffinately going to look up that book as i'm always open to new tips and ideas

Martin ,very impressive ,your guns do look good quality and well cared for .As for me i'm going to have to get me some tips on how to use this computer and download some pictures of my own collection :):lol: :thumbs:

Ive