Out on the rabbits.

Luckyshot

Had a look out on Saturday, needed a few rabbits for the ferrets. Went out at about 5:30pm to see if I could pick a few up before it got dark. Managed 15 before the light started fading about 7:00 ish so back to the Land rover for a cuppa and to get the lamp ready.

post-12981-1254842445.jpg

Lamp mounted to scope and I’m off first field produced 5 rabbits in 15 minutes not bad going as its right by the main road and only about 25acre. On to the next field which is a bit of a walk ( steep hill ) get to the top and there are a few kicking about. A little walk over to the corner and I was ready, lamp on and aim 4 more rabbits down and 1 miss straight over its head about 80 yds away. Off I went to pick these 4 up and get ready again, steadied my self on the gate lamp on and 3 more bunnies for the freezer.

Back to the Land rover for another cuppa then drove to the next fields. These fields were full of cows so had to be very careful, I didn’t want to startle any of them with the lamp so put the green filter on, these cows don’t seem to mind green the light so off I went. Got to the bottom of the field where all of the sets are and gave it half an hour. Perched myself 60yds off the sets and using my night vision monocular had a quick scan to see if anything was about. Saw a few rabbits so night vision off swapped over to the 22 and lamp on very dim so not to spook the rabbits quite happily popped off another 10 rabbits, the few others that were out didn’t seem to mind the thud the 22 makes on impact but with an empty magazine decided to leave them for another night.

post-12981-1254842558.jpg

All in all a prety good day this is how me freezers look now with a few pigeon I got on Sunday morning.

post-12981-1254842721.jpg

These are the pigeons off Sunday morning all shot over rape stubble.

post-12981-1254842808.jpg

Edited by Luckyshot

I wish i could find a freezer like the ones you have there ! I need a half size one idealy up right ! But no one seems to be getting rid of one and new they are around £100 which i dont want to fork out for !

Good shooting to, you say you switched to the 22 so were you using a HMR before ? :good: