Safari

nhamm2

Then you might be interested in reading this entry at my blog. I dug out my old travel diary the other day, which details a trip I made to South Africa. It might be of interest to those of you considering doing such a thing, or to those who just want something to read with a cuppa.

Let me know if you enjoy it, I'll add a couple more extracts if people are interested.

http://theamateurnaturalistblog.blogspot.c...f-lifetime.html

:blink:

Skukuza, is a really nice place, I have some family that live out there.

What makes it nice having family there is, is you can drive around any time, day or night, you don`t have to be in camp before dark.

We also went out fishing for cat fish and tiger fish on all the rivers out there, which is nice because it`s a National park and only residents and friends can fish in all that thousands of hectors.

There is no fence around the staff town, and once we went to the local staff shop to get some cigs on our push bikes and there was some elephants coming up the road, if only you could see our faces, hehe.

I also went and help with catching elephants and some other wild game for relocation, and as my uncle was part of senior management we could leave the mane roads and drive to places the normal folks will never get to see.

Nice to see you enjoyed it out there.

Hi all, sorry for the delay, but home life caught up with me. Part II now online.

Bleeh - no elephants, photography safari only. Not sure I could do it, to be perfectly honest. Once you've been up close and personal with them, they are very, very different to other animals. A good topic for debate, for sure.

Guinea Fowl - you're a lucky man to have such a 'local' experience of such an amazing place. I would go back tomorrow if I could afford it!

Hope you all enjoy, more to follow when time permits.