Too much movement ?

foggy11

Hi guys....

As the title says, can you have too much movement?

Set up over maize stubble today , to start i had a big U shape with two flappers at the front ish and a magnet set to the rear.....

This wasn't working too well so i changed the whole lot to ......

Two groups of 10 shells, flocked , set about 30 yds apart, two flappers just inside each group towards the gap in between and then set the magnet about 20 yds to my right....

Wind was from behind me , and i then set 2 bouncers to the rear of the two groups roughly heading to the gap....

This didnt seam too bad , but i thought that maybe it could be improved......

The birds are deffinately flocked up now , which is why i tried the two bunches of decoys, quite close to each other.........

Some birds were committimg but a lot came in and didnt seam to want to land, not realy commiting 100%....

Any way....

Any thoughts....

Nik..... <_<

Ps......ended up with 26 casualties and a crow......

I personally believe you can have too much movement.

I've stopped using magnets, I dont rate them, especially if the paint on them is not matt. The gloss paint catchs the light very easily and glints when spinning round which must put the birds off.

I now use sillosocks and hypaflappers on sticks to great success. If the wind is too strong I've taken the flappers in if I've had birds turning away when they get close. Turning away has usually been much reduced after the flappers have been brought in.

Other issue is hide and camo, I've noticed better results with being a bit more thoughtful about hide setup and covering myself up too.

Edited by Jaminzx7r

I think you can have too much movement on certern days.

I think if it is a dry still day you dont want too much movement where on a windy day you want more movement because birds are flying round alot more on a windy day and birds are used to seeing other birds dipping and diving (generally playing) on these sort of days.