Dog Fox on dark..........

AndyCM

Hi Guys,

I baited, up a likely spot (some freshly cut grass next to a wheat field) and waited 2 hours for a fox to come sniffing. Nothing ??? . Saw a badger mooching about.

On driving out of the field (about 9:50 last night - and getting dark) I spotted "eyes" in the car headlights - yep a sizable fox. I had the rifle (.17hmr) on the passenger seat. So swung the car at an angle I could shoot ok and still use the headlights - engine off, load up quietly. Luckily the fox was not too fussed looked over and carried on. Gave a squeak, to get him to look up. CCI TNT to the chest at 50 odd yards. Dropped on the spot.

Could not get a photo last night in the dark, so snapped him today.

When the wheat gets cut (any day now) I'll get a few more.

Cheers

AndyCM

post-11-1122647852.jpg

Ahhhh, might look like an O/U to you - but I can fit 85 .17hmr cartridges in the lower "barrel" (magazine) and flick 'em in the top EXTRA heavy Varmint barrel with the lever. :o :o :D

Works a treat.

Cheers

AndyCM

P.S. - Knew that photo / text would cause a stir.

I even tried using the headlamps of the car last night to snap the fox with the right gun - but could not get a passable result.

- Taking the snap today I got a glimpse of an adder (glad I did not have my mutt with me) - too fast for any photo, it just slinked away under the cut grass - nice to see it.