Good news -

burntout

I contacted Norfolk Police again last week to be told that I had passed all the checks and my application had gone to the FEO, who happened to be on holiday again. I was told that 3 weeks wasn't long to wait and to give it time....I'm not sure how many calls they get like that but I imagine mine didn't help!

Anyway, with this in mind I settled back into the idea that I may not be up and running by Christmas, when yesterday afternoon I got a phone call off the FEO saying he could meet me that evening. Happy days!

I'd already fitted the cabinet so was hopeful all would go well. He came round and couldn't have been nicer. Very helpful, not at all patronising and appreciated that I had done my research. I think having shot airguns for so many years helped in my confidence regarding safety issues but even so he didn't ask anything too specific. I think they are more interested in your attitude towards them and shooting, what security you have and to check that you're not a complete pleb!

In any case, he was happy for it to all go ahead and said I may well get it by Sat, or certainly within 2 weeks. Seems the hard part (namely the initial checks) is done with so now it should be fairly quick.

With this in mind I'd like to thank Paddy Bowe (my FEO) for his help and cheerful approach to my "interview" and would recommend anyone to move to North Norfolk for just such an encounter!! :lol:

I'll book myself in for some lessons as soon as I've got the gun and put the hours in on the clays over christmas before going for birds.....expect many a new post from me as I now feel officially part of the forum!! :good: