Reloading .243

Browning

I use h414 with 51.5 grains, and a cci primer on a 55grain combination ballistic tip head...........don't get in the way of this it's doing 4300 feet per second! and is flat as a pancake from 80 -200 yards..

Adam

Remember don't try anyone elses loads in your rifle unless you are 110% sure of them....and watch out for the pressures.

Remember, the smaller, faster bullets are the ones that ****** your barrel up on a .243. :*)

I am using 75grn V-max with 45gns of H414. This isn’t the top load but will give a very accurate round that is flat out to 150 yds and only drops a couple of inches at 200.

I will be loading for 100 grn bullets at some time in the near future and will let you know how I get on. :o

G.M.

B,

I have used 42.5g of REL 22 behind a 95g Nosler ballistic tip to good effect.

I have since switched to H414 and 100g Speer soft point only because every time I went to buy the Noslers (from different shops too) they were always out of stock and did not know when the next lot were due in :o

I have tried 55g Noslers & 70g hollow points but could not get anywhere near passable results so have decided to use the 95/100g's for everything. Most of the shots I take are around 80-150 yards so no real drop to worry about.

Cheers

Andy

83grn vmax with some un known ammount of n160 (shall edit later) with a lapua case and cci primer

does in the region of 3100fps, shoots great as most peoples hand loads should, great expansion on foxes, no runners etc etc

cant go far wrong with any 243 as a foxing rifle

-----------------

my god red fox, 4300 out of a 243, how many barrels you been through :/

they wont allow any rifles shooting more than 3250 fps down at bisley, so i wouldnt even be able to bench rest it, unless i told them i downloaded it :/

Edited by dunganick