Rabbits in winter

Tobyb525

Hi,

I was just wandering if people are still able to shoot many rabbits in the colder months during the daylight/early evening :lol:

I know lamping is normally still ok in the winter but what about in the light?

I only got my main permision in spring so I have no experience of the colder months.

Cheers :hmm:

Edited by Tobyb525

Get out there, you have longer nights, dark wise this time of the year,you dont have to wait till 22.00 to go out lamping. its dark from about 18 30. some of my permisions are better in the colder months, less folk about walking there dogs, Cold, windy, little bit of rain are normally productive :good:

Yeah! get out there if you can and do some lamping, it`s fantastic fun. :good:

It almost seems the worse the weather, the better. As long as it`s not absolutely p***ing down. If it is, never mind the rabbits, you get soaked your self and it ruins the gun and the night. :/

Good idea to let the farmer know first though or he may think he has poachers.

Get out there, you have longer nights, dark wise this time of the year,you dont have to wait till 22.00 to go out lamping. its dark from about 18 30. some of my permisions are better in the colder months, less folk about walking there dogs, Cold, windy, little bit of rain are normally productive :/

Yeah! get out there if you can and do some lamping, it`s fantastic fun. :lol:

It almost seems the worse the weather, the better. As long as it`s not absolutely p***ing down. If it is, never mind the rabbits, you get soaked your self and it ruins the gun and the night. :lol:

Good idea to let the farmer know first though or he may think he has poachers.

:good: X 2

Early morning lamping will pi** everybody off and could end up with a visit from the law while your out there.

Go out about 8/9 o'clock and stay out until around 12.00/1.00am. I usually come back with at least 10 rabbits and the odd fox or two at times. :good:

Ah! that`s not early, its late morning by the time it`s light. :good:

I find its too early to go out in the evening, in the light at this time of year, but if you have enough rabbits around they may well be out where you are. It would be worth a trip to see just what is out there early evening.

Edited by COACH

Dont rush into getting a lamp, think first what it will be used for, its not much use having a 5,000000 candle watt with a 4 mile beam when your only shooting say 100 yards,

is it for air rifle, rimfire or centre fire, dimmer control is a bonus but not a must, scope mounted or hand held, depends if your on your own or have a mate who can lamp for you.

1.Tracer scope mounted

2.Clulite scope mounted

3.Tracer 140 scope mounted

All above could be used hand held and suitable for air rifle up to rim fire, 2-3 ok for centre fire,

Edited by Dougy