Raspberry and Sloe Gin Cheesecake

smiiithy

Ingredients:

175g (6oz) digestive biscuits, crushed to fine crumbs

75g (3oz) unsalted butter

700g (1.5lb) cream cheese

2tbsp sloe gin (optional, you can use a fruit liqueur)

50g (2oz) caster sugar

Punnet of raspberries

To decorate:

Punnet of raspberries

2tbsp of seedless raspberry jam

275ml (½ pint) double cream, lightly whipped

Method:

1. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the biscuit crumbs and mix well. Press the mixture into a lightly oiled 20cm (8") cake or flan tin with a loose base and leave in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up.

2. Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese, sloe gin and sugar together in a large bowl. Stir in the raspberries

3. Spoon the mixture on top of the biscuit base, cover with cling film and leave to chill.

4. Once chilled, remove the sides of the cake/flan tin.

To decorate:

1. Sprinkle the punnet of raspberries over the top of the cheesecake.

5. Warm the jam through in a saucepan and then spoon over the top of the cheesecake.

6. When the jam has cooled, spoon clouds of lightly whipped cream around the edge of the cheese cake and serve.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok i made this but used a mixture of raspberries and strawberries, also used sloe bacardi as had no gin.

first off, this makes a HUGE cheesecake so be warned... :good: i actually added a few more biscuits and made 3 normal sized ones....

secondly i put 2 tablespoons of the sloe bacardi in....couldnt taste it.....added 2 more...couldnt taste it....put the rest of what i had in which would have been about 8 tablespoons altogether and still wasnt what you call "flavoursome"

My hint for what its worth would be to soak the berries overnight in the sloe drink of your choice, i think it would be tastier this way.

also instead of adding butter to your biscuits, try adding brandy butter instead for more flavour... ???

still a very nice cake though...

shaun