spaniel pics

squarnog

thanks for that cranfield,i'm taking things really slow with her,she has a couple of retrieves a day,and some recall training and one or two sit and stay for the next four weeks,then ill introduce the whistle,but still taking things really slow.untill she is at least six months old and hunting freely,when ill step up the training. ps i think thats the way to go plese let me know if im over doing the training.thanks to all

Hi Squarenog,

I also have a ESS dog pup who is now 5months old. who has Badgercourt Moss as his great grandfather. Where abouts in the country are you? If you are in essex there is an excellent training club. The Essex Spaniel Get Together, they meet throughout the summer and give really good advice.

The one thing I ahve been told is don't push them until they are at least 6 months old. Just be their mate and let them be a puppy.

Cheers

Martin

thanks martin,yes i'm from anglesey north wales,ill be joining gundog club after xmas.i've been told aswell leave her untill she is six months old.but im only doing a little with her nothing serious if you know what i mean.any chance of a couple of pics mate.thanks phil