My new trick.

Bleeh

It's taken a while, but I've now got one of my poles and one of my albinos doing a pretty neat trick.

It all started when I realeased that if you stuck a locater (mk 3 with the high pitched bleep, not that thud like the mk1) near a rabbit hole, curiosity would normaly attract the ferret towards that opening.

Combine this with a bit of ferretone each time you use the locater, and you've got yourself a winner.

As said, I've now got two ferrets who will very happily run straight towards the sound of the locater, once you shove it down a hole (even if there full, which is the wonder of ferretone). This is very useful if you have to get the ferrets out in a hurry. (Because, say, you start to worry about a bolt hole out-of-reach they might go out of, or it starts raining/getting dark)

Anyone else heard of this, or is doing anything simular?

It's taken a while, but I've now got one of my poles and one of my albinos doing a pretty neat trick.

It all started when I realeased that if you stuck a locater (mk 3 with the high pitched bleep, not that thud like the mk1) near a rabbit hole, curiosity would normaly attract the ferret towards that opening.

Combine this with a bit of ferretone each time you use the locater, and you've got yourself a winner.

As said, I've now got two ferrets who will very happily run straight towards the sound of the locater, once you shove it down a hole (even if there full, which is the wonder of ferretone). This is very useful if you have to get the ferrets out in a hurry. (Because, say, you start to worry about a bolt hole out-of-reach they might go out of, or it starts raining/getting dark)

Anyone else heard of this, or is doing anything simular?

Sounds good but what is ferretone?

The jill I've been working a fair bit lately does that :unsure:

I started off with a mk1 locator but recently bought a mk3 and she seems to insist on coming out to see what the noise is, which isn't very helpful most of the time lol. Hopefuly she'll get out of that habbit :lol:

Sounds handy what you've managed to get yours to do though :lol: