Picked up New Rifle

nickcass23

Never cleaned my .22lr or .17hmr and I see no need to. You'll just waste your time and lose the zero for a few shots

NickCass, why have you zeroed it at 100 yards? 60 is the flattest zero and you'll rarely have to pop a 100 yard bunny with a .22lr.

Edited by harfordwmj

I've just got myself a very similar rifle, and I was expecting the trigger to be dog awful, being used to a very nice air rifle trigger but was pleasently surprised, do CZ sometimes come with good triggers or was I just expecting the worst from what I've read?

What trigger kit would you recommend? At the minute I'll keep going with the standard one.

Thanks

Kyska

the standard one is awful. It'll be like shooting a gun worth double its value and you will find your accuracy improving ten fold. One rimfiremagic kit can do 2 guns. People swear by the kit and it's the best investment you can make

22-250. Faster,Flatter and Harder hitting. Not knocking the 223 though!

Needs more powder to do the same job, therefore more expensive to feed & run - not to mention louder :good:

But then... I am rather bias

My 223 will group under 1/2 inch @ 200 yards - that's enough Fox gun for me :good:

Nice bit of glass the S&B 8x56 - I have a swaro on mine and it's ideal for low light Foxing work, not sure about it's use for a piddly 17 mind

GB