AYA firing problem

scrob

Hi guys, I recently purchased an AYA No.2 from a local gun dealer, the gun is mint with not a mark on it and came with a single trigger and prince of wales stock as optional spec from the factory (built 1997).

I didn't get a shot with it before buying and I just took it out this morning for the first time, and I was very surprised to find that it won't fire. Well, I managed to get one shot off with it by pulling the trigger VERY hard, but I wasn't able to get any more to go off. When I take the safety off and pull the trigger, it comes back about 2mm with a slight "click" but it won't come any further even with applying considerable pressure.

I will be giving the dealer a call tomorrow but does anyone know what could be the problem? Has anyone heard these symptoms before?

Very disappointed as the gun was sold as MINT (though to be fair, it certainly looks it).

Rob

Guest rimotu66

I had a firing pin break on my old AYA, yours sounds more then that though. To be fair on the dealer if he hadnt fired it and took it in good faith as a trade in he wouldnt know. If hes a reputable dealer I doubt you'll have any trouble getting it sorted. Keep us informed. :rolleyes:

:good: i had a one just like yours with same problem,asked dealer about it and he said that he had used it the week before?,took it to a gunsmith friend of mine,he stripped it down and said that the mechanism was all gummed up and that the gun would have been like that for many years.once he cleaned all the crapp out and give it a service,the gun was never a problem again. :good:

I am restoring a AYA o/u with a single trigger.

Looking at the mechanism I think it could be an expensive option to convert to double trigger.

In my opinion, get it working as it is a single trigger, see if it agrees with you.

If not, then sell it on and purchase something else.

(Far easier to sell a hardtop car and purchase a convertible, rather than convert the existing hardtop car?)