FANTASTIC HAVE GOT .223 PERMIT TODAY

Frank

Great news, went in to my local plod today and came back out with .223 cert :lol: .

I am over the moon to say the least :lol::lol: .

Had a good chat with my Supt, ( he is the only officer that can issue firearms certs)

and he listen to what i had to say and agreed to give me my cert on the understanding i give up my .204.

I am soooo HAPPY.

Off to the gun shop to pick it up tommorow :lol::lol::lol: .

Its a CZ 527 .223.

Going to get some Sako 55 grain sp and some remington 55 grain FMJ for practice on the range :unsure: .

Lovely Chubbly :blink: :lol: .

I will post pics as soon as possible, with any succces in the feild ect. :lol:

Edited by Frank

Great news, went in to my local plod today and came back out with .223 cert :lol: .

I am over the moon to say the least :lol::lol: .

Had a good chat with my Supt, ( he is the only officer that can issue firearms certs)

and he listen to what i had to say and agreed to give me my cert on the understanding i give up my .204.

I am soooo HAPPY.

Off to the gun shop to pick it up tommorow :lol::lol::lol: .

Its a CZ 527 .223.

Going to get some Sako 55 grain sp and some remington 55 grain FMJ for practice on the range :unsure: .

Lovely Chubbly :blink: :lol: .

I will post pics as soon as possible, with any succces in the feild ect. :lol:

congrat's Frank, my mate got sub 1"@ 100yds with sako 55 sp's through his cz 527

is it right that you cant reload this cal in your part of the world

happy shootin m8............

Thanks everyone :lol: .

Tommy, it is true, we stil havent got the go ahead to reload our own, but things are looking up.

Their is a new firearms amendment bill coming out next year, which will hopefully change things :unsure: .

Thanks again.

Oooooo, i could crush a grape :blink:

:lol:

Frank

It's worth also trying the Federal V-Shok Nosler Ballistic tip 55grn.With SP's I was getting eratic and unpredictable groups at 100yds but when i fed it these babies...............................WOW! :lol: Orgasmic to say the least :lol:

Cheers Ive

Let me know how you go on with your ammo experimentation :blink:

I was getting eratic and unpredictable groups at 100yds but when i fed it these.

The sp cartridges seem to mark on the tip as you chamber the round. (if you chamber one then remove it you will see what I mean), this must make the trajectory of the round erratic especially as it slows down.

Balistic tipo are the way to go imo........ I use them in .243, balistic tip and molleycote these are superb for accuracy.

Frank - The colour says it all, I am GREEN with envy. I want to take my laptop and jump on it. But that about me. You on the other hand, BIG CONGRATULATIONS. I so wish I was posting to say I know for sure I am getting the .222 on. Do post some photos and the results from the rounds used. Its this sort of stuff I seem to have mist over the past weeks. Try to get some sleep now, the excitment will keep you awake :blink: :lol:

I am well pleased for you :unsure:

Thanks Big Dog :lol: . Your right, i cant sleep :blink: , too excited :lol: .

I will post all results i get and photos, will also be getting a digital camera soon, so the pics should all be of better quality :unsure:

Thanks aswell to Ive, for the info on ammo, i am going to try as much ammo out as possible to see whats clicks with my rifle, then stick to that untill reloading is introduced.

Cheers all :lol: .