A great day for walking!

Frenchieboy

I've not long got back in from a few hours out in the snow on one of my permissions. The weather is great at the moment with nice clear(ish) blue skies and practically no wind. Had a good walk with the 17 HMR but only managed to get 4 rabbits for 5 shots. (One of them I missed with the first shot, saw the "hit" in the snow just above it's head but it sat still at about 90 yards and allowed me a second chance resulting in a head shot that made quite a mess) I have chosen not to put any pictures of the rabbits up as they were all head shot at ranges from 60 yards out to 120 yards and the Remington 17gr ammo that I use makes quite a mess of a rabbit's head, something that some people might not want to see. Anyhow, I took the wifes compact digital camera and got a few shots of some quite nice snow scenes on my shoot. It was quite surprising, even though the snow didn't look very deep it was up to my waste in a few places.

The first photo shows what the road is like just outside our rear car park and the rest are of my shoot. All in all it had been a real pleasure to have been out walking today, but there is more snow forecast so let's not speek too soon.

post-17172-1261577425.jpg

post-17172-1261577440.jpg

post-17172-1261577453.jpg

Edited by Frenchieboy

:good: Beautiful pictures and place you got their am not too far from you in Elland west yorkshire :good:

Yes it certainly is a beautiful part of the country. Most of my permissions are this type of countryside which is why I am happy out walking on them even if I don't bother taking a shot. I'm sure that there are many other places that are just as nice but i wouldn't want to swap! :good: