AYA 25, SIDELOCK EJECTOR. 12 GAUGE, S/S

THIS IS A AYA 25 , SIDELOCK EJECTOR S/S 12 GAUGE, WITH 25 INCH BARRELS, IMPROVED AND 1/4 CHOKES, CHURCHILL RIB AND A 14.5 INCH STOCK WITH OVAL INLAY (NOT ENGRAVED)

MADE 1973 AND IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION, RECENTLY FULLY SERVICED BY LOCAL GUNSMITH.

COMES COMPLETE IN NEW CASE AS SHOWN WITH NUMBER LOCK

£900 OR VERY NEAR OFFER, OR WOULD EXCHANGE FOR A LIGHTWEIGHT UNDER/OVER, EITHER 12 OR 20 GAUGE

i HAVE SEVERAL OTHER PICTURES AND WILL WILLING SEND THEM TO YOU VIA YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS ON REQUEST, SORRY i CAN ONLY GET ONE PICTURE TO UPLOAD ON SITE

post-13263-1261997356.jpg

Hello - regarding the difference regarding internals - all AYA box locks use the same firing pins with in a particular gauge range and come ready to fit from ASI (AYA UK) - all the firing pins for thier sidelock guns are the same, exept you have to trim to size and then harded / temper and the disc set striker discs come threaded to fit both sidelock and boxlocks- I am sure AYA's use mostly the same component parts within thier respective models (Sidelock or Boxlock) as this would make production simpler - possibly the better the grade of the model the better the hand finish of the internal parts. These guns are easy to work on and are genraly reliable.

I think you will find the action body of the No.2 and 25 are the same, but they do both models in square and round action bodies - the 25 normally has the better engraving. I understand the earlier AYA sidelocks are more desirable - I think they had a slight quality control problem in the 80's :yes:

Dan