brassicas any tips or tricks

fendrover90

just been given about 300 acres of cabbage and cauliflower spread over 7 or 8 mile radius the biggest field is probably 35/40 acres

pigeons tend to be hammering the middle of the fields .the grower is very keen for me to shoot as often as i can buying me cartridges e.c.t.

he even drove me around all the fields but he is not keen on me shooting directly into or over the field im a bit stumped as to how to go about

the job in hand any ideas?:good:

The only way you will manage this is to shoot the bids entering, or leaving the fields.

That of course depends whats in the adjacent fields.

Have you asked him why he doesn't want you shooting over the crops ?

Its possible its a lead issue, in which case you could offer to use steel shot.

Not ideal, but you will have a better chance on the birds if you are shooting them where they are feeding.

you got it its all supermarket veg i certanly wouldnt fancy biting down on steel shot he said he lost 15 grands worth of cabbage last year

just the stuff that gets pecked at and goes brown think its a case of getting out with binnocs and note pad and recce some flightlines

I would have thought that most of the greens we shoot over ends up in the Supermarkets, but I would guess that the shaking about it gets from being picked, to arriving on the shelves, shakes out any shot that has fallen in the leaves.

Still, they are the Farmers crop and you have to do what he says, best of luck. :sad1: