more logun s-16 probs

ronttuk

ive just realeased yet again another jammed pellet from my s-16 and a tiny "o" ring has came out of the breach does anyone know where it should be put back ?

i think it goes on the bolt that pushes the pellet into the barrel but not 100% certain and i cant find my manual at the mo ,,thanks guys

Well i don't think it will be from the barrel as the pellets would constantly dislodge the o-ring when pushed over into the breech.

I think you will find your first annalogy was correct and it is from the pellet probe. Afraid you need to do a little dissmantling.

No doubt one of us more fortunate S-16 owners will give you a link to the exploded diagram to help you strip it down. I did have it but lost it myself.

Has to be said though i have NEVER had a jam yet?:thumbs: B)

Lord Geordie

Ronttuk, It all depends on the age of your S-16. If it is an early model then the Breech Seal O ring is located on the 'probe' about 4mm from the end. This should be self evident as there will be a recess in the probe to allow the O ring to seat correctly.

If however, your S-16 is a newer model with the upgrades, the breach seal is located in the breach and not on the probe. You should be able to determine this as the probe will be smooth. i.e. no recess to take the O ring.

Unfortunately, I can not advise you on how to replace the breach seal on the later model. But I can tell you that you will have to dismantle the rifle. Your best bet is to get it to a gunsmith who is familiar with the S-16 or better still, send it to the Logun service centre.

I would imagine the seal has come from the breach and not the probe as you have pushed a jam back through the breach. In all likely hoods, I would imagine that the seal has been damaged in the process and therefore will need replacing anyway.

Best suggestion, send it to logun.

Regards,

Axe.

You more than welcome mate. Incidentally, try and overcome the jamming by getting yourself into a routine.

Everytime I fire the rifle I cock it immediately, this way I know I am good to go. Its not perfect as you can sometimes loose count of your pellet progression through the magazine, however I have NEVER jammed the rifle since I have had it. And the very worse thing that can happen, is you fire an empty breach.

Regards,

Axe.

Edited by Axe

ok this might be usfull for others in the future,

to remove the barrell on a logun s-16 mkll not the shrouded barrel version,first remove silencer,scope and bottle(stock),then remove fore grip,undo the two allen bolts on the scope rail, tip the scope rail slightly to one side and remove,look at the position of the cocking bar and remember how it sits in the gun,remove the cocking bar, undo the two 2mm allen bolts on the underside of the gun where the fore stock was,gently twist and pull the barrell and ease it out,there you have it how to remove the barrel of a s-16,to assemble just reverse the procedure, good luck ron :thumbs: B) :lol::lol::D:)

i guess im going to get stick now for being a smart ***