Knife or stick crafters....

robmiller

Ok, i am a DIY and instruction following retard.

However, i am looking to see if anyone would have any plans or ideas for me to treat myself to a hand made personalised sheath knife or walking stick?

I am looking for something with my initials (or my dads initials as a present) or even both as this could be something he could have and pass down. We have a tradition that initials are passed down JRM and JWM in our family so this may be an engraving idea.

Could anyone help possibly?

Rob

Plenty of people out there making custom knifes, have a look HERE all these knifes are custom made and i think Bison are one of the best makers around. Be prepered to pay quite alot for something like these and there is also a waiting list.

I am going to get my son one of these for his 18's birthday, but i do have a few years to save up for it.

A stick you should be able to get alot cheaper. There always people selling there own at country fairs.

Have a go yourself, it's really satisfying!

I made one for myself and a little one for the missus and put the pictures online - I found myself making a knife for someone online (to his spec) for £125!!

I did used to be a welder / fabricator though so not totally clueless but anyway it's a very rewarding challenge.

Pics of my knifes here;

The one I made for the guy;

P211208_2012.jpg

P211208_204701.jpg

The mrs's in progress - I fitted pink wood scales to it for her;

P061208_194501.jpg

My first, with mahogonny scales (If I can do it, so can you)

P301108_1407.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Had you popped into the SACS tent at shugborough at the weekend we had a local member I believe he's known locally as Lord Brockton also answers to Ian was mking sticks on the stand he was an absolute mine of info on stick making and had loads of spare buffalo horn for knife handles etc PM me and I will try and put you in touch.Cheers to some of the PW members who came an said hello its nice to put a face to a name and wellcome to knew members and old. :rolleyes: