Whistle

pavman

Gents

Just looking to get a new whistle as mine is getting all chewed up, have ordered a Turner Richards combi, Acme- thunder 560 (Stop) and a 211 ½

I have been on a Stag Horn (pealess) but find it looses its note if you blow a hardish long for stop, I know dogs ears are 100 times better than ours but I will be more confident with a clear high quality pitch.

Just wonder what thoughts are out there, and is anyone on a clickler? I have never seen one and have no comparative info as to whistle verses clicker

pavman

A clicker will never reach your dog out in the field. They are used for training obediance skills. Clicker training has risen in popularity over the last couple of years, and many people are heralding it as a new training break through. In reality the clicker has been around since around 1952...cant remember the exact year....and was developed training marine animals, horses, chickens, and dogs. The clicker has its place in the training world, just dont get taken in with it being the be all and end all. I personally use clicker training when dealling with Therapy and Special Skills Dogs as it can be used in conguntion with a target stick very well.

Hope this helps

NTTF