First Fox

Out this morning with the HMR looking for rabbits when I spotted a fox about 300yds out walking down a hedgerow towards me. I watched for awhile and it slipped through the hedge into the wood. Although I was upwind of it I tried to spot it but it had disappeared from view. I waited 10 minutes but nothing.

I began to walk back through the wood to our paddocks. On clearing the wood the fox was sat out in the field some 150 yds to my left. Using two large hayledge bales as cover I managed to get to within 80yds of it when it turned and walked into another hedgrow. I wished I had brought the 223.

As I could no longer see the fox , I decided to stay put behind cover and wait. After about 5 minutes the fox appeared again , walking towards me on the other side of the hedge. He stopped ( very conveniently ) at a gap in the hedge about 45 yds away. He didnt feel a thing and dropped stone dead with a clean head shot. My first fox.

Out this morning with the HMR looking for rabbits when I spotted a fox about 300yds out walking down a hedgerow towards me. I watched for awhile and it slipped through the hedge into the wood. Although I was upwind of it I tried to spot it but it had disappeared from view. I waited 10 minutes but nothing.

I began to walk back through the wood to our paddocks. On clearing the wood the fox was sat out in the field some 150 yds to my left. Using two large hayledge bales as cover I managed to get to within 80yds of it when it turned and walked into another hedgrow. I wished I had brought the 223.

As I could no longer see the fox , I decided to stay put behind cover and wait. After about 5 minutes the fox appeared again , walking towards me on the other side of the hedge. He stopped ( very conveniently ) at a gap in the hedge about 45 yds away. He didnt feel a thing and dropped stone dead with a clean head shot. My first fox.

Nice writing style I was right there with you! How are you going to cook it :good:

Well done LOL Bill