Best Multi Shot Precharged pistol?

mimic

The match Twinmaster is the sort of thing im after But i dont like the price tag or the colors, i like modern style Black & silver composites

Im looking to spend between 2 & 3 hundred can you sujest anything?

I have looked at the falcon multishot Its at the right price, But the gun is just so Ugly i cant bring myself to own it , The stock looks like a peace of old banister B)

Your feed back greatly appreciated!

I just have two choices at the moment a

Falcon Fn8 Repeater or Brocock Twinmaster :lol:

What i really want is a high quality 22 precharged 8 shot repeater that will match the enigma

PLEASE HELP

Edited by mimic

I don't think the twinmaster comes in .22. Why would you want a low power pistol in .22 anyway as it's going to be tough enough to hit things with .177 trajectory. The Twinmaster IIRC does around 3 ft/lb in .177. The Falcon comes with a choice of grips. There's the ambi bannister you mention and also a nice r/h anatomical grip. Not sure if they do the anatomical in L/H. The Falcon runs at 5.5 ft/lb and can be .177 or .22.

http://www.falcon-airguns.co.uk/frameset.htm

My local local airgun store quoted me 250 for the FN8-PGR (multishot 8)

fn8pgr.jpg

Im still waiting for a responce from brocock on the PCP version most of the twinmasters are co2 powered as standard but you can fit the PCP kit I asumed this would put the power to 6ft lbs?

This one has it fitted

item13494.jpg

I would be looking to put the same kit on the Combat model

twinmastercombat.jpg

I could just about live with it being 177 But not at 3ft lbs!!

Are there any other Pistols i could consider for the same money?

Edited by mimic

The FN8 is a single shot pistol. The 8 refers to the barrel length (8 inches). They can be converted for about £85 IIRC to the Falcon Hawke multishot system. As it's essentially a rifle type mulitshot then I don't see the point on a pistol as you still have to cock for each shot so why not load too.

The FN8 is a single shot pistol. The 8 refers to the barrel length (8 inches). They can be converted for about £85 IIRC to the Falcon Hawke multishot system. As it's essentially a rifle type mulitshot then I don't see the point on a pistol as you still have to cock for each shot so why not load too.

had the wrong model sorry ^^ see above

The Twinmaster is still a 3 ft/lb model on air to the best of my knowledge. The target based pistols are all .177 and all around 3 ft/lb. Only the Falcon does 5.5ft/lb in pre-charged that I know of. There are the Harper Wolf and Daystate Competa models too but secondhand only though.

The Twinmaster is still a 3 ft/lb model on air to the best of my knowledge. The target based pistols are all .177 and all around 3 ft/lb. Only the Falcon does 5.5ft/lb in pre-charged that I know of. There are the Harper Wolf and Daystate Competa models too but secondhand only though.

Well that setles it... Falcon FN8-PGR with (anti banister stock) Any idea on the price diference between the 'peace of chair leg grip' & the 'nice r/h anatomical grip'

Edited by mimic

would it be legal to adjust the power of the twinmaster on PCP to 6 ft pounds? I have seen a single shot magazine for it aswell as an 8 i am asuming 6 ft lbs would be illegal for a semi auto but if it where bolt action or single shot by rights it would conform? or no?

Perefctly legal to do so but physically impossible without a large worshop to make a completely new pistol (almost). They simply do not go that high. The best recoilless multishot pistol that can do 6 ft/lb is the crosman 600. Runs on co2 and is a true semi. It's fairly easy to put a longer barrel in which boost power from the std 4 to 5.5 ft/lb. These are all 40 years old and are easily the best co2 pistol ever made.

IF you dont mind me asking why is it important that you need to increase the power of your multishot air pistol.  :thumbs:  :sly:

my local range is 25 yards even with the full 6 ftlbs its goiung to strugle to make a mark on the targets, anything under that is just going to bounce off

It doesnt have to be semi auto im pritty sure im not allowed anything 6ft lbs semi anyway im pritty sure the law says 3 ft lbs for a Semi auto pistol , And 6 ftlbs for a bolt action repeating PCP pistol so at this stage its still only the falcon that can offer 8 shots at 6 ftlbs...

Even that is going to be a LONG old trip for that pellet down the 25 yard tunnel

My vintage Crossman Medalist (pump up) can just about make the trip at Max power , wich is ok for a quick plink but at 20 strokes a shot its an awfull lot of work an no good for competative shooting, I need a repeater with the same performance.. And springers are not something im prepared to spend money on... It has to be precharged i guess i could live with single shot , But i would much sooner it be a repeater (bolt action atleast) as i said im pritty sure Full semi auto in 6ft lbs is illegal...

Edited by mimic

as i said im pritty sure Full semi auto in 6ft lbs is illegal...

Full semi auto :thumbs:

Full auto - one pull of the trigger induces several rounds of fire and completely illegal above airsoft powers.

Semi auto - one pull of the trigger fires one round AND cocks the action for the next shot. The Home Offce has stated that they will certainly come down like a tonne of bricks on any manufacturer making one but it is NOT illegal to own one. The Crosman 600 runs at a typical 3.5 to 4.5 ft/lb as std. and is a true semi-auto unlike many that claim to be which are really revolver actions. There is no 3 ft/lb limit for anything on any airgun.

manufacturer making one but it is NOT illegal to own one. The Crosman 600 runs at a typical 3.5 to 4.5 ft/lb as std. and is a true semi-auto unlike many that claim to be which are really revolver actions. There is no 3 ft/lb limit for anything on any airgun.

OOOOO :lol: you know what that means :lol: Are you sure that is correct it is legal for me to produce my own Semi Autos in 6 & 12 ftlbs im just not allowed to sell them?

is this like its legal to own one but an offence to operate like a radio scaner?

Sounds a bit good to be true

check out the drozd (think thats spelt wrong) Co2 BB gun not to be confused with air soft. electronic trigger 30 bbs just as fast as you can pull the tigger.

as for a 25yrd range are you not allowed to place targets closer?

even a 6F/lbs pistol would have trouible hitting a target at this distance with any amount of accuracy maybe possible to get a 6" group but the pistols your looking at are 10M match pistols and more than possible to get single hole groupings at that distance.

Even with the pistols i have i can get a 1" grouping on a good day with the CP88 and raged single hole groupings with my daisy 717.

from the posts you have put on here so far (hall way plinking crosman, FAC enigma, and this one) i think you need to have a sit down and a think about what you want from the rifles your goignto buy i.e. is it goingto be hunting or target, fun or competition, long range or close range, and finaly how much do you want to spend.

The follwoign woud be my recomendations both upper and mid range prices:

seriouse rifle:

Air arms EV2 (high priced accuracy) (though i havtn reid any other FT kits to compare)

DAYSTATE MK3 .177 (high price hunter/taget

AIR ARMS S410 .177 (mid price very nice FAC as well hunter/target)

Pistol:

ROHM TWIN MASTER (high preiced accuracy)

CROSSMAN 600 (high priced plinker)

CP88 6" (mid priced)

plinker:

drozd machine pistol (low price range)

But like i said you need to have a good think about what your goingto be doing with the rifles and pistosl before you thik about which rifle would be best for you.

In the past three years i have gone thorugh a good few rifles before i found what sutied my needs best, (check out the what rifles have you had post)

ROB :lol:

Have a think about what exactly better choices?

For Serious shooting

The enigma is perfect.... So is the FN8-PGR falcon they both meet what i require

The only pain with the pistol is its 280 bucks :lol: 120 off what i paid for the enigma wich i think is a SERIOUS rip off but..... for 25 yard ranges and bunnys these are good as it gets. they can be converted to FAC should i decide to get a permit and have plenty of acuracy to back it up.

For plinking

there is nothing wrong with using a c02 gun indoors its ideal i killed many a Tincan with my old walther cp88 but id sooner have a rifle, that 3 ftlbs is just to gutless!.

So i was an maybe still am considering the crossman 1077 i can get one S/h for about 50 quid i dont think thats to bad really.

What is this CROSSMAN 600 do you have any photos or information for it?

Edited by mimic

The enigma is perfect.... So is the FN8-PGR falcon....... they can be converted to FAC should i decide to get a permit

You have no chance whatsoever of legally uprating the pistol above 6ft/lb. Whilst not technically illegal you would have to give "good reason" to own one and as there are no FAC airpistol competitions recognised and hunting is a cert to be rejected as a reason you will be refused a FAC for one,

Crosman 600 - remember these are all 40 years old now. I've owned two of these, one of which I converted to a carbine with a slightly longer barrel to up power to just under 6ft/lb. They'll cost you £200 or more dependant on condition if you can find one.

1st%202st%203rd%20versions%20of%20the%20600%20.jpg

Edited by 1 of 5

The enigma is perfect.... So is the FN8-PGR falcon....... they can be converted to FAC should i decide to get a permit

You have no chance whatsoever of legally uprating the pistol above 6ft/lb. Whilst not technically illegal you would have to give "good reason" to own one and as there are no FAC airpistol competitions recognised and hunting is a cert to be rejected as a reason you will be refused a FAC for one,

Crosman 600 - remember these are all 40 years old now. I've owned two of these, one of which I converted to a carbine with a slightly longer barrel to up power to just under 6ft/lb. They'll cost you £200 or more dependant on condition if you can find one.

1st%202st%203rd%20versions%20of%20the%20600%20.jpg

i have to say that doesnt look like a bad gun what else can you tell me about it?

22 i asume and this is the 'True semi auto" you refered too? how many shots?

The 600 is a true semi auto and is .22 only. It does 25 to 30 shots per capsule as much of the gas has to cycle the action. It's a dodle to spin up a longer barrel for them on a lathe. They usually like only flatheads such as Hobbys due to the inline mag and carrier for the breech but I had one that only liked accys. Beware many parts for them are made of pure unobtainium due to age. Prices start at £150 for a scabby but useable one though more usually £200 for a user upto £400 for boxed and mint.

The 600 is a true semi auto and is .22 only. It does 25 to 30 shots per capsule as much of the gas has to cycle the action. It's a dodle to spin up a longer barrel for them on a lathe. They usually like only flatheads such as Hobbys due to the inline mag and carrier for the breech but I had one that only liked accys. Beware many parts for them are made of pure unobtainium due to age. Prices start at £150 for a scabby but useable one though more usually £200 for a user upto £400 for boxed and mint.

that sounds like a really neet little pistol im gunner have to have a look arround see if i can get a look at one i found this vintage add for it

6f_1_b.JPG

Was this gun ever produced for the UK (england)

Edited by mimic

are you really sure this gun cant be got upto 6 ftlbs i just had another closer look and found to my suprise it can be charged to 300bar! Now i understand theirs limitations on the triger pull but surely another 3 ftlbs is posible??

twinmaster_allrounder.jpg

Even if so Its still a 177 :<

Edited by mimic

Last Desprate Plea For Help

Are there any other PCP pistols offering 8 shots and 6 ftlbs in 22, I am being forced to a Falcon FN8-PGR and it really isnt the LOOK i want Please help me find an alternative :rolleyes:

The crossman 600 is not realisticaly available and my chances of getting one are Extreamly slim ;)

Edited by mimic

hmmm wonder if i should tell him i know someone at the club selling a crossman 600. its not rocket science to find these for sale, just google it :rolleyes:

as for the wolf now there is a pistol you can be proud of though never seen the pistol version but have seen the rifle :) day of the jackel comes to mind ;)

ROB :)