which choke

darren m

i,ve got an old AYA no 3 with fixed half and full chokes , i,ve used it a few times this last week on pigeons and clays .

i honestly think the full choke is just too tight and would like to have it bored out.

SO i was wondering what would be a good all round fixed choke combo for a game gun that occasionaly shoots clays aswell as pigeon and pheasant.

my other guns are multi's , but theres something about the s/s i like , so would,nt mind having it sorted out choke wise.

thanks all .

Darren .

1/4 is gives the pattern more density, but it dosent destroy anything you hit within 15 yards

half gives you the ability to have a little bit more pattern concentration at longer ranges for clays

its more a person l thing, i use 1/4 and half in my game/clay and general guns and find it more than enough for the long birds, but it dosent destroy the close things.

if i miss i know its me not the choke

might want to try out a multi choke gun with different chokes, then decide which suits your needs.

Remember you can take choke out but you cant put it back in.

I like half and three quarters plenty of punch, but 1/4 and 1/2 is a good combo too but i am not a keen lover of 1/4 choke on pigeons, its ok on pheasent though. and very effective on clays.

ok lads -- cheers for all your advice , i think i'll go for the full choke bored out to half , then i ,ve got 1/2 and 1/2 on the AYA which seems to be the most popular individual choke,

unless of course any one can think of a reason not to :lol:

cheers.

Darren .