foxing using pir help please

whitehackle

im sure that i have seen on this forum some one using a pir sensor to show when foxes are approaching a bait instead of having to shine the lamp around but cant find details on the forum search.

i just wondred what pir you could use and batterys help please :blink:

It was possibly me, I got my pir from B&Q £6.99 "spylux" made by Osram with batts inside, just paint it matt black and fix to a pole with rubber bands, the light has to be dulled down with just a pin ***** (lol the forum doesnt like that word try hole instead), showing, I painted the lens red first then masked over that in matt black.

Used with a bait station it works very well without the need for constant spotting, I left my lamp insitu for several days until they became used to it.

As a bait station try a "Kebab" a pointed metal rod passed through anyything available rabbits, roadkill etc then hammered into the ground, the more on it the better it works and charlie cant just grab and run.

Good luck Rob.

Edited by dusk2dawn

• 4 weeks later...
As a bait station try a "Kebab" a pointed metal rod passed through anyything available rabbits, roadkill etc then hammered into the ground, the more on it the better it works and charlie cant just grab and run.

Good luck Rob.

That's a good bit of advice, the tinned tuna and dog biscuit mix also works well as it will take Charlie a while to eat it as he has to eat it on the spot and can't carry it away. He will also smell it from miles away!

Cheers

Alex