Permission for me and thee

ochre

Meeting with a keeper near me at the weekend to discuss a new permission. Any of you folks got some good advice for introducing the idea of permission for me and the guy I usually shoot with?? I like to shoot with someone else and it would be a shame to have to go it alone.

If I were you I would secure the permission for yourself only at first.

Then show him that you're a safe, sensible sportsman, doing the job that he's asked you to do.

You can always "need" to introduce your shooting partner at a later date.

i.e. large field, need a shooting partner to help move the birds around. Need a shooting partner to lamp for you etc etc.

That's worked for me in the past, and I can take along anyone I want now.

Good luck.

Meeting with a keeper near me at the weekend to discuss a new permission. Any of you folks got some good advice for introducing the idea of permission for me and the guy I usually shoot with?? I like to shoot with someone else and it would be a shame to have to go it alone.

I think most farmers/land owners expect people to shoot in pairs

Its a lot safer for one thing

Try name droping as well !!!

My mate Bosher shoots with the Duke of Bla Bla and the Earl Doodad (10th in line to the throne)

LTFOL :D:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

OUCH my sides hurt

Sorry , i'll see you saturday B)

I show prospective landowners my current permission letters. These of course show names etc but I also explain that the letter is used to protect all parties from incident. In adition, all my land permission letters have both an aerial picture and and scaled map printed on the reverse. This alone has impressed people enough to get permission. I also use a professional looking business card with my BASC membership and insurance details on. But above all, I treat tyhem with respect but am very clear in the way I carry myself in the field and my full intensions.

Regards,

Axe.

WB.

I've never come across a farmer/landowner/keeper yet that "expected" me to shoot with a shooting partner.

Usually the opposite....they want to know who's walking around on their land and

don't want too many people walking around with firearms.

Also, not quite sure how shooting in pairs is a lot safer? I would have thought it's

just the opposite....twice as much chance of an accident.

Well said Browning! My advice is to work on getting permission for yourself first. When you have built up some trust THEN ask about your mate.

You should also come to some arrangement regarding shooting together, or separately, as mates can sometimes fall out.

Being able to shoot in the week opens lots of doors that would otherwise be closed because of weekend guns.

YOU COULD OFFER THE KEEPER 2 FREE BEATERS FOR THE SEASON, ITS WORKED FOR ME. FORGOT TO ADD SEND THE WIVES BEATING

Sigmund Freud:

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

Edited by crocket