CO2 pistol capsule - how many shots?

George1990

After a CO2 powered pistol, firing .177 pellets (not BB's) much like this one here Beretta 92

It runs at 395fps which seems to be the highest they go.

How many shots can I expect from a capsule? Do you knoww if you can get them at higher fps rates?

I think air pistols go to higher fps, but these are not semi-autos I imagine. Oh and any ideas what 'double action' means?

Many thanks ???

hi, I have that model, though I have never checked the actual number its probably about 50.

I am new to air pistols / rifles having bought my son a rifle I bought myself a pistol

I have now bought myself an air arms 400 and in all honestly I do not really use the pistol

You get about 60ish shots . Double action is when you pull the trigger you cock it and fire, single action you pull the slide on the top and then pull the trigger.... I think :good:

I have a umarex CPsport (similar to the cp99 walther but only double action), I have always fancied one of those berettas in nickle :good:

Cheers for the replies. 60 shots aint too bad either.

Are bb guns quite accurate then? I've only used the ones that kids use that fire little plastic balls which fly all over the place which put me off them.

The desert eagle one is a semi-auto, and it says it is double action. So would a single action be single shot??

with double action the hammer does not cock automatically when the slide recoils so on pulling the trigger the hammer moves back and then breaks forward

unlike a single action where the hammer cocks and stays cocked after recoil , you may be able to cock the hammer manually as on

most revolvers before firing.hope this helps i cant think of a better way to explain it :good:

Ive got the skif a3000, bought it the other year as according to all the reviews it was the most powerful .177 c02 air pistol you could buy. All in all ive been very impressed with it. On single action the trigger can be heavy, but if you cock it first, it requires little pressure to fire.

On a c02 cartridge i get about 75 shots. About 50 of those are full power, then it tails off.

Are bb guns quite accurate then? I've only used the ones that kids use that fire little plastic balls which fly all over the place which put me off them.

Each to their own on BB guns. Several of my mates are seriously into airsoft and regularly bring their guns around my garden for a mess about. Ive tried them out and found them to be pretty rubbish. They have everything from mac10`s to 92f to desert eagle, mp5, you name it, they have it and have paid nearly as much for some as you can get a half decent shotgun for! I actually remember setting up empty beer cans at about 15 yards and the plastic BB`s didnt even dent them. In the end i got my black widow catapault out with a metal BB and not only did i hit the beer can, the BB went through the can and out the other side. Just shows how weak the airsoft BB guns are.

For the money, id stick to air pistol / rifles.

I hate it when these people are rather too into airsoft, I can imagine it fun messing around shooting you mates, but spending 40quid on a plastic gun that has battrie, and when they have 'briefings' and 'tactics'. I just think you sad ****** :oops:

Sorry got a bit carried away there, rant over :good:

I shoot CO2 Pistols in Competition IPAS & Practical

www.practicalpistoluk.com

Was made for warmer climates than UK

Get far less shot's on Cold Day's

End up with more liquid than Gas

Mostly use a 6in S & Revolver - Normally change CO2 Bulb after around 4 Magazines

Does depend how fast you are firing it ...........

Pays to add a couple of drops of CO2 Lube to first CO2 of Day - to keep seals from drying out

Cold weather and limits was one of the reasons I invested in a Brocock Tac Gun System - Licensed

BOB/R