Odd Quad Help

Dirtboy

Ok guys here's one for any Chinese quad owners !!!

Me and a shooting mate have happened upon a beat up old dog of a chinese quad for very very little money - there is a reason it was co cheap I here you cry.

Here is the full spec as we know : 2 wd, chinese, unknown make, unknown model, water cooled 200 cc!

Long story short it has been stripped right down (what was left of it) and now sits with the motor in the frame which we can get to run and fire with some bodge job wiring.

When we got it we were told that the regulator/rectifier was missing.

We are now planning to get it running for purely off road so are looking at having : 2 x lights, 1 x cigarette lighter (for lamp and fags).

As we have next to no loom for it we are planning to try and wire it up very simply ourselves to provide the above and get the electric start and battery charging to work.

As we have no knowledge of auto electrics between us can anyone give us some guidance or point to some good web resources as my googling has just confused me!!

Currently my understanding is that the two leads from the fly wheel are to connect to the regulator/rectifier yet where it goes from there is a chuffing mystery??? If anyone has any knowledge of quad wiring it would be very gretafully appreciated.

Am I right in thinking that regulators/rectifiers are not model specific but cc specific :good:?

Thanks in anticipation

• 2 weeks later...