Somewhere to practice- Oxfordshire/Berkshire

Snoogins

Howdy all,

As you are all very well informed, I wonder if you could give me some advice! I have had some clay lessons and would like to try and find somewhere I can practice on my own.

I don't have a SGC yet, does anyone know somewhere I rent a gun, buy some cartridges and go off to a stand and do this? I would like to shoot more to get some consistency.

Thanks,

Leon

P.S. I have solved my cheek problem, I was resting the comb directly right under my cheekbone! Still, did not shoot great today- my mind wasn't in the zone!

Edited by Snoogins

Im sorry to say buddy, you wont get this anywhere i dont think. They wont let you wander off on your own with a gun if you have no SGC. you might be able to convince one of the bigger grounds that is open all the time to let a caddy walk around and do some stands and you pay for the total clays shot and cartridges used etc. Best thing to do is get your SGC then go to your local ground every/every other week for 50/100 birds

just another quick question- When I get my SGC and rock up with my Browning or whatever, if you pay for a 50/100 sporting does that include some friendly chap who operates the trap for you? I presume most people go out with their buddies.

You will pay top dollar if you want a caddy. Just make a few pals, it's not difficult, just be friendly and avoid questionable or objectionable topics of conversation :( :good:

Agreed, somewhere like churchills or the like will charge a bomb, better jsut go to your local shoot on mateys farm down the road and make a few friends, or if you have some land set up your own traps..if u have the money too

• 3 weeks later...
You will pay top dollar if you want a caddy. Just make a few pals, it's not difficult, just be friendly and avoid questionable or objectionable topics of conversation :yes::lol:

:good::lol::lol:

And Royal Berks isn't cheap either, make as much noise as you can and wind up the Chairman of Reading FC who lives next door!!

Dumb **** buying land adjoining a busy clay ground!