afternoon mooch

welsh1

Bought a 12 bore sxs last week,just a cheap one for a stroll around the fields,so popped out this morning for an hour to my nearest farm,lovely morning,and i made myself comfortable under a tree,within a few minutes in came my first woodie,trained the gun on him and bang,down he goes,a big smile on my face first woodie with new shotgun,went to where he had gone down,and of all the bad luck,over the small stream and twenty yards into five foot brambles,decided to let foxy have that one,saw the farmers wife getting the horse ready to go for a ride,so decided to head home,happy to have christened the gun.

After lunch the misses said she was going to see her mum and go shopping,why don't i pop out with the gun(bless her)so this time went to one of my oldest farms,it is split in half by a river,and i usually shoot away from the farm,but there is a nice little wood,so pulled up at the bottom of the farmyard,and was amazed to see three rabbits chasing round the track,as i was getting ready the farmer comes down in the tractor with a lad he has sold some felled trees to,and as we chat,we can see five rabbits popping out of the hedge and crossing the track,a couple of them are doing what rabbits do best,so should be a plentiful supply soon :yes: Farmer told me to thin them out a bit and went on his way,walked into the wood and saw a squirrel,but he saw me,and this one was tuned by ferrari,missed him going up one tree,and then missed him going across to another tree,fast sod,squirrel one me nil.

Sat in the woods for a while,but it soon became obvious nothing was coming back after the racket i made with the squirrel,so decided to call it a day,as i walked down the track i could see at least eight rabbits having an orgy chasing each other round down the end of the track,so singled a couple of bucks out and crept up,they saw me at the last minute,to late,first one fell still on the track,second was up the bank and going into the brambles when i caught him with the second barrel.

And as i laid the rabbits out the farmer turned up,now he likes a rabbit so i offered him them,but he said he had a load in the freezer,so i offered the other lad them and he was over the moon,we had another chat,and it turns out he is also a farmer,and has a bit of a fox problem :good: so swapped numbers,and he said he will give me a call,so happy i packed up and headed for home.

Shotgun is a spanish "master" 12bore sxs full choke

tworabbits1332010.jpg

Good shooting. Thats a nice gun, is it secondhand? :yes:

Gun is fairly old,no real idea of age,bought it last week for £50.00,the stock had a load of old varnish on it that had been applied by a trowel,i sanded it down and was originally going to wax it up,but it is a cheap piece of wood so sealed it back up with a bit of ronseal :good: the barrels are perfect no marks in the bores at all,and the old sorbothane butt pad does a great job of absorbing the recoil.

I got lucky,the gun fits me spot on,and feels like i have had it for years.

Edited by welsh1