yesterday in the rain and today in the sun

proTOM1

Was out yesterday in the same spots as last sunday ,was joined by barney and his old man and stu nesling .We new the weather was not going to be good but thought we should have ago as i had seen good numbers all week on the plots . We were shooting over 2 drillings and 2 topped maize plots .It was slow to start but picked up around 12 .30 but then the rain came down some more and in the end we called it a day with a bag of 49 pigeon and a rook the main was shot by barney on a chopped maize strip 26 . 5 and a rook not in the pic

With all the rain thought would head out this morning as forecast was for a nice day .I did not get out as early as i would like but when i did i found birds all over on the peas and topped maize plots ,decided on a maize plot and setup with rotary and a few decoys straight in front of a small wood where i could stand and shoot from with no hide , i also put up some lofting birds which worked a treat . I soon had birds coming but they mainly headed for the trees but after an hour they started to decoy and it happened the same as yesterday i could not hit them , so i had a word with myself and then i was ok . :angry:

Packed up at 11am as was due to be out with the family this afternoon i finished with 26 picked up worth an outing :angry: both pics taken this morning as too wet for a pic yesterday :hmm:

post-12734-1269189463.jpg

post-12734-1269189516.jpg

Edited by proTOM1