MOBILES!!

jollysp2

Don't know much about the Blackberry phones and I have never owned one. I was thinking about getting one last time I was due an upgrade, but I was put off by some of the comments I had heard at work. A lot of our staff have them at work (as work phones) and they are always complaining to the IT department that the phones keep going wrong, and they are not very impressed with them. From what I can gather the main problem is when out of service they keep checking for emails and service connection which flattens the batteries quite quickly (I think they are quite battery hungery), this apparently plays hell with some of the software.

As I said I haven't owned one, but the rumors have put me off so far, that and the very small keys!! :good:

I had a Blackberry a few months ago, not sure what model it was ? the company supplied it.

From the start I could barely hear it ringing, turns out that the circuit board can expand with heat, when it does this the contacts are pulled from the speaker, if you squeeze the phone as hard as you can around the camera lens, it will work ok again for a day or two. I sent it back, a new one arrived on the monday lunchtime, tuesday afternoon I am talking to a customer on the phone, when the volume through the earpiece faded to nothing ! I could only speak to people if I used the loudspeaker function or via a remote ear piece , I told the office not to send me another one or it would find itself being launched out of my vans window whilst on the motorway :)

As you can probably gather, I don't really rate them, I think that there are better phones on the market.

I've now got a Nokia and haven't had any problems with it.