My 5 year old lab

12borejimbo

put him on a lead or something and make him wait until told to go in. Also when training with dummies sometimes throw one out but make him stay put and walk out and get it yourself :) Dont let him run off and chew/play with the dummies either. Im sure more advice is on the way ...

pull him off the game and back on the leash for a bit out of 10 retrieves go pick 9 yourself...

That'll help the running in and is basic steadiness training, but if he's crunching birds his days are a gundog are over IMHO.

well yesterday i took him out to see what his problem was, and i made him sit and stay while i walked round him 360 degrees. I then threw 3 pigeons around him and sent him away. When picking up the bird he sort of bounced and picked it up then feathers came out! LOL. Im not sure if i can repair this, he is a great dog and can be re-taught if needs be. Ill try the lead thing and get the birds myself.